The squirrels were on the attack.
Just moments after I set down my (albeit, fuzzy leopard print) backpack on the bench, squirrels surrounded me. The sound of the plastic bag rustling, some potentially delicious snack to be had, must have drawn them in.
Cute, at first. Then, a little too close.
I stood up to enjoy my snack, halfway certain the squirrels wouldn’t follow, but kept one eye on them, just in case. They weren’t getting any of my new favorite winter shake, not if I could help it!
- Coconut juice
- Almond milk, vanilla, unsweetened
- Two cups (or more) of kale
- A hefty portion of raw cocoa powder
- 1/4 of an avocado
- A pinky finger of ginger, grated
- (you could always add coconut oil, flax seeds, some kinda nut butter, a naner, etc…)
Blend it up, sip it up, and feel that winter chill slowly warm away …