Turning limitation into inspiration, this is the third in a series of recipes born of a 14-day cleanse. Living in a hotel, with no kitchen appliances save a kettle and a knife, in the middle of the Western Region deserts in the emirate of Abu Dhabi, where grocery shopping leaves much to be desired. And yet, we’ve come up with some pretty tasty treats!
This recipe is actually for two salads & a side sweet: Apple Cabbage Zinger, Delish Dill Avocado & Zucchini, and Decadent Date Rolls. I was feeling a touch gourmet this evening ;o)
Apple Cabbage Zinger Ingredients
- apple slices
- finely sliced cabbage
- green onions
- apple cider vinegar
- optional: raisins, raw soaked nuts
Thinly chop all ingredients and toss together.
Delish Dill Avocado & Zucchini Ingredients
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- three sprigs of dill
- olive oil
- optional: sea salt, garlic, onions
- Thinly slice zucchini and toss into recently boiled water for 10 minutes. (The water should not be on heat at this point, so you get the most nutrients from the zucchini).
- Add two sprigs of finely chopped dill leaves.
- Drain the zucchini and add to the sliced avocado. Throw a few more sprigs of dill on top to taste.
- Drizzle olive oil to taste, and if you’re not detoxing, add pepper and salt.
Decadent Date Roll Ingredients
- date goo
- grated ginger
- coconut oil
Roll date goo, coconut oil and grated ginger into balls. It’s just that easy! They go perfectly with carrots, apples, pears, or, if you’re not detoxing, on a big fat pancake :oD
When I put these salads together, I added a few carrots to eat with the date rolls. Presentation style optional!
FYI: Cleansing Food Guidelines